Tuesday 24 October 2017

Star Wars Legion - Tatooine Table - Part 8


Created a proto-type door for the Tatooine buildings...


Initial thoughts; Not bad for a first attempt. One of the biggest challenges was bending the archway into shape. I used a hairdryer to heat the plasticard, but it takes some time to get the desired curve. The rest of the shapes were fairly straightforward to cut out. There may however be a simpler solution for slats on the inside of the arch; I note you can buy plasticard sheets with this type of design pre moulded... The biggest considertion I have at this stage is that I'll need to build around 9 or so doors. And whilst I'll scratch build them all individually if needs be, I've also been investigating the option of creating molds and casting the doors to save time... 

Decisions, decisions... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...