Monday 23 July 2012

Painting - Out With The Old, In With The New...


They say you’re only as good as the tools at your disposal, so in my drive to get some new minis painted up I had a right good sort out of the paints…


These bad boys must be well over 15 years old now and are still running as smooth as the day they were born. Colour wise they’re pretty unique and in the case of Tentacle Pink and Putrid Green, GW hasn’t really replaced them in their subsequent paint range releases... These fellas are going in the ‘keep’ pile (still never to be used…)


Some more classics of their day – Some of which have started to dry up and head for the hills. I ummed and arred about whether to keep the notoriously shiny inks but GW’s new glaze range looks like the way forward. Thanks for the memories lads…


Snake Bite Leather and Spear Staff Brown, looking sorry for themselves…


Starting to pan back…


…And here we are with all the available pots.

Everything on the front board is either destined for the junk or is going in the kids’ art box…

I’ve made a list of some of the new paints I need to purchase in order to plug the gaps in the ol’ colour palette and I have to say that I’ve been impressed with GW’s latest paint range release.

Sorting out the paints brought back some happy hobby memories and has enabled me to get focused on the painting tasks in hand.

I’ll leave you with a really cool fan video about the history of GW paints… And If I ever wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, panicking about having thrown away that irreplaceable Warlock Purple, I’ll know where to go ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...